Sunday, October 25, 2009

Well here is a total waste of an hour; I have tried to log on my computer but I couldn't so I am using Jeri's.
Jeri had a really great night until about six thirty; she needed to use the rest room so she called for help and an Aid came to help her and in the process her right leg gave out and she fell to the floor and damaged her right calf. She thought she heard a cracking sound but when they did an exray her bones were all ok, which was a really good thing. And they think she is ready to come home. I arrived about eight thirty and when I heard what had happened I asked what the doctor said and I was told that they don't call a doctor during the night, which didn't set very well with me, but I discovered that hardly anyone cares how I feel about things, however, during the day her leg did get better and she had a better day than I thought she would. I am pretty sure that the problem with her leg is due to the Velcade chemo and the Thelidomide, which both have the side effect of numbness and weakness in the feet and legs. I am hopeful that tomorrow Dr. Litton's people makes some changes. The Bishop and hiswife came and visitged with Jeri for a few minutes and I am sure that she thinks I talk too much and that makes people stay too long.
It was really cold this morning and any water was solid and they say it is going to snow on Tuesday.
Tomorrow Jeri has a dialysis session and then we go to Dr. Litton's for the chemo; I pray that something is done to get this problem fixed.

3 comments:

  1. Hope tomorrow is a better day and we find out what Dr. Litton wants to do with her treatment. Hated to see that big bruise on her leg. :( Have a good night, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep us posted on this legs issue...I feel so bad for her for falling...maybe they need to have somebody bigger helping her so that she doesn't actually fall on the ground. I will keep you both in my prayers and know that I love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean! My cousin in Germany wanted to send a note to Randall & Michelle so I transleted it and it took me 4 time to re-write before I could post it. I have a lot to learn to manage these blogs, but I keep trying and like you find other ways to get it done. Our love and prayers are with you daily, Chris
    ps - hope it will fly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete