Thursday, October 15, 2009

Now I am talking about getting out of bed early. I awakened shorty before 4:00 am thinking about the printer and the software problem so I got up and went on a scavenger hunt for the software disk but I couldn't find it so I decided I would look for some help from some other source. I found a phone number that I thought might help me so I gave it a ring and I was talking to a very nice young lady in India, and of course I can't remember her name. I asked her to register my new printer and then I told her of my problem and she said; "I can help you if you will let me have control of your computer. After some conversation she convinced me it was a good idea so I gave her permission to take over my computer and in a lot of minutes she had downloaded all of the drivers that was needed and when I tried it out it worked really well. So now I can print from my computer and in a few days I will have a disk that has the software that I may need some time down the path. I said last night that they hadn't heard the last from me.
Jeri had a great PT session today; she walked the walk and she did it twice plus all of the other things they have her do, plus the OT was also completed and she was feeling good when it was over, however, she did lie down and rest for a few minutes while she waited for her lunch. Lee showed up about noon thirty and then we waited until shortly after one and started our trek to the cancer people for her chemo therapy; as we were leaving the SDCH 'they' gave Jeri the meds she was scheduled to take and the way we went. When we arrived at the Cancer Center I got a phone call asking me to tell Jeri not to take the blood thinner that was in the packet of pills because her INR was at 5.3, which didn't sit well with us. We had a conversation with some of the staff about no blood was being drawn so how did anyone know what her INR was. When we got back to the SDCH I had a chat with the nurses and anyone else around the area about the blood draws that were not being done, oh, by the way we were told either this morning or yesterday that 'they' were taking blood every night. We challenged that because we all know that getting blood out of Jeri is harder than getting blood our of a turnip and it couldn't be done without her knowing about it, however, they did do a draw this morning and of course Jeri was awake when it was done. It will be interesting what the excuses will be when we have our chat about it.
Now that has all be said she still had a rather good day, and some of the credit goes to the steroids they give her doing the chemo session. It appears that her numbers are looking ok.
Oh, it rained this morning and the temps are not so hot.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that mom had a pretty good day! Am wondering what the rest of the story is regarding the INR and blood draws. I'll try and call sometime this weekend to give her a dose of her baby boy to lift her spirits...and yours too of course. :D talking to me has to be the highlight of your week. :) thanks for keeping us posted and give my love to mom and know that I love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete