Friday, October 16, 2009

I was out of bed just before seven and was busy getting myself ready for a day at the hospital. Just as I was getting ready to leave, Patrice came upstairs and we had a brief conversation about what I thought was an error on someones part and she suggested that I talk to the Director of Nursing, which I did. When I went to his area I saw a young guy that I have talked to before and I asked if he was the director and he answered in the negative but said he would talk to the director and tell him I would like to talk to him. Shortly thereafter I was walking to get Jeri a cup of ice water and met him, the director, in the hallway; he recognized me and we chatted for about 10 seconds and then he said he would go down to the room and talk to Jeri. When I got back to the room they were having a very calm and serious conversation about the errors' made on her blood draw and he said he would talk to people to discover what had gone wrong. After awhile he came back and he and Jeri, and I was chirping in every so often, was having a conversation about her blood draws and he mentioned that there was a draw just a day or two ago during the night and Jeri said that was impossible without her knowing about it; after we talked for a very short time I was convinced that he was going to get to the bottom of things. While this conversation was going on Jeri asked if it was possible to get one of those machines that just takes a finger-prick and would not need a blood draw because of the difficulty of the blood draw and he acted like he thought that would be a good idea but would have to talk to Dr. Shield before any decision could be made. We are very hopeful that things will be worked out and things will get back to normal. With the conversation we had I think Scott Anderson will get things like they aught to be.
Shortly after this happened there was a young guy, in his late 20s or early 30s, that was being transported some place; it appeared that SDCH didn't have the facilities to do for him what was needed, and wouldn't you know that this was going on just as Jeri was supposed to transported to dialysis. She was a few minutes late but the people at Liberty Dialysis are pretty laid back and takes things in stride. Jeri had a good session on the machine and no problems with her blood pressure, which is the thing that causes her most of the trouble. Over all it appeared that she had a fairly good day and I can see that the PT & OT are helping her with rebuilding her strength; I head someone say that for every day you stay in bed it takes a week to recuperate and Jeri was in her bed for several weeks.
I have to add a part to the conversation I had with my girl friend in India; it is ok if I have a girl friend in India. I mentioned that I was 77 years old and she told me she talked to a guy from the US of A the other day and he told her he was 80 years old, and then she said, "he told me new word while we were talking so I asked her what it was and she said it Coot and she asked if I knew what it meant and I said yes; it is a word that is added to Old to make it Old Coot, which means you are really old, and then I told her I would give her another new word and it is Geezer, she then asked what it meant and I said that when men get to by my age some very rude people refer to us as Old Geezers, which caused her to chuckle some and then she said we never use such a word to describe some old person; so I told her they were much more civilized than we.:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you talked to the Director about that. I have been upset, because I knew they hadn't drawn blood but were adjusting her meds as if they had. Frustrating. Glad it is going to be worked out.

    I was also glad to hear you say she had a good day. It was hard not to visit with her today. I'm going to bring Jaxon and Abby up for a few minutes tomorrow and then visit longer on Sundays.

    Have a good night, Dad. I love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. coot and geezer...just what india needs...americans teaching them to be rude to the old. :) glad to hear that mom is doing ok and that your printer woes are being worked out. I love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete